Today I enjoy *walking*!
(Fill the space between the ** with your favorite form of exercise.)
Successful people exercise consistently. My favorite way to stay in shape is walking. What’s yours?
Most of you know what to do but can find excuses not to do certain things even when you know it can add years to your life. What are your excuses for not exercising consistently?
My top excise was lack of time so I do it first thing in the morning. The second one has been lack of energy. That one has been solved because as I walk every day I have so much more energy.
Consistency depends on motivation. I find that when I enjoy doing something I will make time for it. For that reason, I suggest that you provide all the reasons that you enjoy your particular form of exercise. Here’s my example:
I enjoy walking because…
- Walking gets me outside where I can be on the lookout for amazing hope rays on sunny days, sunrises when I’m early and sunsets when I am walking in the evening. Besides enjoying the beauty of creation, I get more vitamin D.
- Walking protects my joints and strengthens my ligaments without excessive soreness.
- Walking costs nothing other than time.
- Walking is fun to do with others as it allows me to talk or pray with my walking partner.
- Walking is strength bearing so it helps my body build stronger bones.
- Walking strengthens my heart and firms my muscles.
- Walking clears my mind and protects me from mental decline.
- Walking lowers the risk of diseases like diabetes and several forms of cancer.
- Walking improves my mood because it releases endorphins.
- Walking increases my energy level.
- Walking improves insomnia.
- Walking improves circulation by increasing heart rate and lowering blood pressure.
- Walking improves my breathing
- Walking helps me maintain or lose weight.
- Walking adds years to my life so I live longer and enjoy those years more than thoseo who do not exercise.
You make time to do what you enjoy doing. When you focus on the benefits the exercise provides your motivation increases as well.
Karen Sebastian is an author, blogger, corporate trainer and gifted speakerwho transparently shares the hope she has found in the darkest times of her life. She is a seasoned entrepreneur who founded HOPEpreneurs, a consulting firm dedicated to helping women succeed personally and professionally. Karen is known as The Hope Lady because she takes every opportunity to inspire hope by sharing her rich life experiences with others – engaging them in adventurous discoveries of the beauty of hope in a dark, cloudy world.